COVID-19 Support Update – Virtual Support Groups
NAMI-CO’s virtual support groups are open to all.
- Please download the free Zoom app on your phone, tablet, or laptop and link to them.
- Once you have the app, at the meeting start time, click on the link and your app will open. Click on “join the conversation.”
- Zoom Tutorial
We will let you know when in-person support groups start meeting again.
NAMI Family Support Group is a peer-led support group program for family members, caregivers, and loved ones of individuals living with mental illness. In these groups which meet weekly or monthly, family members can talk frankly about their challenges and help one another through their learned wisdom. NAMI’s Support Groups are unique because they follow a structured model to ensure you and others in the group have an opportunity to be heard and to get what you need.
Bend Family Support Group: third Tuesday of every month, 5:15 PM – 6:45 PM
Bend Family Support Group: last Thursday of every month, 5:15 PM – 6:45 PM
- Contact Catherine: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zoom link
- Meeting ID: 914 504 297
- Password: 002702
- Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files
Redmond Family Support Group: First Saturdays, 10:00 AM -11:30 AM.
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group is a free, peer-led support group for adults living with mental illness. You will gain insight from hearing the challenges and successes of others, and the groups are led by NAMI-trained facilitators who’ve been there. NAMI’s Support Groups are unique because they follow a structured model to ensure you and others in the group have an opportunity to be heard and to get what you need.
Bend Connections Peer Support Groups: every Monday from 7 – 9 PM via Zoom
- Open to adults 18 and older in Deschutes, Crook, and Jefferson Counties who live with mental illness
- TO REGISTER: Call NAMI Oregon at 503-230-8009
Connections: Thursdays at 10:30 AM (currently on a break)
- Contact: Janet Marie at 541-408-8675 or Joe at 458-256-8623.
The following NAMI-CO volunteers are available for those needing support while our group gatherings are suspended:
For Family Support
- Bud Manley: email@example.com
- Catherine Steffano: 512-784-4066 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Steffano: email@example.com
- Roger Olson: 541-480-1960 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kelly Harrild: 541-280-0582 or email@example.com
- Linda Shaw: 541-279-0589 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For Peer Support/Connections:
- David Romprey Oregon Warmline: 800-698-2392
- Marcia Miller: 541-480-8269 or email@example.com
- Andrea Rematore: 480-772-8915 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Janet Zapata: 541-408-8675
Please remember that NAMI-CO support/connections are volunteers and respect what time of day calls are made.
- Call the NAMI HelpLine at 1-800-950-NAMI (6264), M-F, 7am-7pm PT (10am-10pm ET)
- In a crisis, text “NAMI” to 741741 for 24/7, confidential, free crisis counseling