The mission of NAMI Central Oregon is to improve the quality of life for individuals living with mental health conditions and their families, friends, and loved ones through support, education, and advocacy.
Position Title: Program Manager
Purpose: The Program Manager manages all aspects of NAMI Central Oregon programs, services, and volunteers. They work directly with the NAMI Central Oregon Affiliate Advisory Committee Board (“the Board”) and the NAMI Oregon Executive Director or NAMI Oregon designee. Primary supervision is provided by the Board. The Program Manager is responsible for carrying out the mission of NAMI Central Oregon, and for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization, consistent with the direction provided by the Board. They represent NAMI Central Oregon in the community at events and outreach on NAMl Central Oregon’s behalf to share knowledge of our programs and services including recruitment of volunteers and program leaders. Organize and help coordinate programs. Programs for NAMI Central Oregon are facilitated by volunteers, the Program Manager oversees these volunteers as they execute the programs.
Location: Until office space is acquired, remote work with some travel.
Hours: 30 hours per week, Monday-Friday (occasional weekends for special events)
Pay Rate: $23-$28 per hour depending on experience
- Maintain contact with organizations/individuals who currently participate or have participated in NAMI programs and services
- Engage with existing and potential community partners
- Communicate volunteer & training opportunities to partners, members, and the public
- Engage and establish community business relationships, including attending Chamber of Commerce networking meetings and similar meetings as directed by the Board.
- Program Coordination
- Schedule, plan, and coordinate with program leaders to deliver NAMI signature classes, support groups, and presentations.
- Arrange meeting rooms and Zoom rooms, maintain attendee lists, ensure supplies and equipment needs are met
- Recruit, orient, and engage with volunteers, facilitators, and presenters.
- Collect and forward mail
- Respond to daily emails and voicemail and/or forwards as appropriate
- Send out Thank You notes for donations received
- Maintain email lists (members, community partners, donors, etc.)
- Develop and distribute the monthly newsletter
- Assist with social media and website management (calendar/posts)
- Create print/digital flyers and posters for programs
- Draft and distribute Board agendas in coordination with Board president
- Fundraising and Fiscal Development
- Follow annual budget as directed by the Board
- Develop corporate and foundation sponsorships and donations
- Initiate grant writing proposals consistent with NAMI Central Oregon’s goals and objectives
- Coordinate with volunteers for annual NAMI Walks events
- Help coordinate financial reimbursements
- 5 years of working professionally with businesses or organizations in marketing and outreach either paid, intern, volunteer, or a combination of experience
- Familiarity with managing content on Facebook and Instagram
- Experience tabling and promoting at events
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Adobe, Canva, and Zoom
- Experience working with volunteers or as a volunteer
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
- Oregon driver’s license
- Ability to sit, stand, carry items, and lifting regularly
- Detail-oriented and self-directed
- Able to communicate professionally with volunteers, community partners, staff, donors, and others
- Grant Writing Experience
- Familiarity and willingness to learn about NAMI and NAMI Central Oregon
- Familiarity with resources available in the community
- Understanding and acceptance of individuals and families living with mental illness