- This event has passed.
NAMI-CO Community Education Series: Housing and Mental Health
October 16, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pmFree
Affordable Housing for Folks Living with Behavioral Health Needs
What exists now? What can we hope for in the future?
And how can NAMI-CO help advocate for more housing?
We invite you to join us for a presentation and discussion with Anne Pendygraft, who will speak about residential treatment, Molly Taroli (Project Coordinator, Central Oregon Community Care Organization) and her team from Pacific Source, Rachael Marble, Housing Coordinator with Deschutes County Health Services, and a local representative from Housing Works.
Additional discussion topics include:
• Advocating for applicants with criminal histories
• What is Supported vs. Supportive Housing?
• Is there currently development of affordable Supported Housing for people with behavioral needs? Who are the partners?
• Are there short-term strategies to use existing housing for folks with mental health needs?
• What is the Oregon Performance Plan and how does it impact housing priorities and development for people with serious and persistent mental illness?
Our Education Series meetings are free and open to all. Please join us in support of good mental health in our community.